Monday, October 29, 2012

Convention Style: Pika Pi!





Pikachu Kigurumi c/o Cosplay Shopper // Boots: Thrifted // Pixel Glasses: eBay // Wig: eBay

This weekend I destroyed my liver and acted a general geeky fool at Washington's drunkest convention, Aki-con (aki means fall or autumn in Japanese). It's a tiny convention in Bellevue, WA that is held in a hotel - so you shit where you eat, basically. I got a hotel room with two of my favorite ladies in the entire world, and we drank and cosplayed for about three days straight. I have some hilarious photos that will end up on the blog eventually. We barely ventured outside of our hotel room - we just danced around to Girl Talk and acted silly. It was great.

I am a huge fan of kigurumi - it's like wearing pajamas!! I've had this Pikachu one for AGES and I've worn in a TON but I always forget to photograph it. It was sent to me by Cosplay Shopper, which has a great selection of kigurumi (of all animals and adorable levels!) and cosplay. I REALLY want the pink unicorn kigurumi.

Do any of you own kigurumis? I love seeing which ones people choose! Here's a bonus of myself and some of my ladies in their own kigarumis:



11 comments:

  1. Stop being so fucking cute. I now want a kigurumi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one. THEY HAVE RED PANDA ONES.

      Delete
    2. OMG. Um... okay. *RUNS TO THE WEBSITE*

      Delete
  2. AAAHHH!! I have the dinosaur one! I wish I could wear it 24/7 ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, it was a very small anime convention and I was only in my revealing Julia (from Cowboy Bebop) cosplay for about an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! love it! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its something I couldnt wear but you totally rock it

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I'm a big fan of kigu as well. I own a skeleton and a Stitch one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww. you're so cute! :)

    by the way,thanks for checking and leaving a comment on my post.

    oh and if you like you could check out my new post too.
    you can check it here!

    Chiara♥
    xmisskyarahx.blogspot.be

    BLOG | Instagram | Polyvore | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so cute in your Pikachu kigu :D
    I got a Godzilla kigu a few months ago - let's party in our pajamas sometime~!

    - Betty Felon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...