Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Outfit #50: Cozy Florals






Skirt: Thrifted // Top: Thrifted // Clogs: Ross // Hat: Thrifted // Scarf: Thrifted // Sunglasses: eBay

I guess a lot of readers don't know that the hair in most of my outfit photos is a wig. It's because I chopped all of my hair off on a whim this summer and I HATE. IT. I have been super insecure about it, thus I wear a wig that looks like my old hair very often. However, last night I cut blunt bangs into my real hair after not touching it for a few months and it makes me happy. After some more touch ups (I'm going to razor the ends of my hair tonight to make it more choppy), you might actually start seeing my real hair again! Though I'm mostly letting it grow out long again. I am just a long hair sort of girl.

I am all about maxi skirts and dresses in the winter time. It's like wearing a fashionable blanket! I think I might actually take this outfit with me to Colorado later this week - it's incredibly cozy.

Isn't it strange how your style changes when you travel? Does that happen for anyone else? Last night I was putting together outfits for Colorado, and I found myself packing a lot of boho inspired pieces - florals, shearling jackets, lots of browns. As opposed to my usual black and grey palette, it's obvious I am inspired by the bohemian lifestyle of Colorado.  It makes me wonder how much of my style is actually dictated by where I live.

I've gotten deeply back into postcrossing.com again. If you've never used it, you should go check it out! It's a postcard swapping website that pairs you up with people all over the world. I used to be SUPER OBSESSED with it, but I stopped abruptly because postage is expensive (I have an entire vintage suitcase full of postcards, though!). But now I can afford stamps again, so away I go!

I've always collected postcards - I LOVE mail. If anyone would like to send me postcards or swap postcards with me, let me know! It would make me absurdly happy.


6 comments:

  1. You look adorable today! :D
    Love the outfit<3 And I do agree, whenever I travel I tend to pack some normal stuff I wear and borrow my brother's GF's clothes and I love to run around in sandles and shorts.
    Or be super sexy or classy haha. xD But I'm defiently a jean shorts or regular jeans sort of gal.
    <3
    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that skirt. I've always had a soft spot for boho styles, even though I generally wear a lot of black and grey myself.

    Also, I'd love to exchange postcards! Shoot me an e-mail if you're interested. courtneynobody{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - check out those cool clogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely floral maxi skirt!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Molly!
    I love the hat and the scarf, I got a few of those in my closet ('cause I'm a sucker for things you put over your head and things you wrap around your neck).
    I'd love to swap postcards! I'm in Mexico, so it could be interesting. What say you?
    I'm at bosque.de.sombras (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apologies in advance for being wildly behind, but you say that, in most of these shoots, your hair is a wig. What does your natural hair look like? To be fair, I'm pretty much the last person who should be asking a person what their natural hair looks like - I do ballroom dancing and have been obsessively coloring mine an absolutely virulent shade of red for months and months - but your pictures are so gorgeous, I cannot help but wonder what you look like "au naturel," so-to-speak. Your pictures are so gorgeous, I think the wigs cannot possibly be making such a big difference...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...