Monday, November 5, 2012

Outfit #41: I Vill Drink Yer Blawd









Dress c/o Crash and Burn Apparel // Boots c/o Naughty Monkey // Jacket: Saguaro (Gift from my Mother) // Hat: H&M // Vampire Ring: eBay // Necklace: Wholesale-Dress.net

I like wearing tie dye because I can spill as much coffee on myself as I want and it's not noticeable. The clumsy girl's fashion best friend, HOORAH! But isn't this dress incredible? I died when I saw it online, but when I opened the package from Crash and Burn Apparel I let out an audible "squee". It's also ridiculously comfortable.

Also obsessed with my new boots, courtesy of Naughty Monkey. However, they are an absolute terror against my tights because I sit in awkward positions and thus keep ripping up my tights with the spikes on the back. OH WELL, FASHION IS PAIN.

This weekend I did a whole lot of productive things - PSHAW. I went antiquing with my dear friend Megan, painted some IKEA shelves I got on Craigslist (and accidentally made myself and Daniel high on spray paint fumes), and managed to drop a shelf on my head as I was attempting to move a giant shelf by myself. Oops.

I've been on an absolute apartment overhaul path lately - I can't stop fixing things up! I keep buying cheap furniture on craigslist and I have moved almost all of the furniture around. I'm also painting EVERYTHING. I may be going slightly dotty - with all the plans I have for the apartment I probably won't be finished until sometime next spring. My reasoning is that Dan and I are staying put until we can afford a house (to rent, not to buy, unless I somehow come into some money) on Capitol Hill again. Until then, we will nest in our tiny two bedroom, and he will tolerate me dropping shelves on my head and ranting about interior design for three days straight.

I've actually found the most challenging thing is trying to display my toys and still make the apartment look "designy". I've started phasing out all of my small toys - Burger King Star Wars and the like - and I'm slowly but surely investing in larger figures and statues. I think they are easier to display and don't look as cheap, or like I'm living in a 12 year old boy's oversized bedroom.

Last night we filmed three new videos for One Up Makeup - so there's four in the pipeline for you guys! I just love working with those fantastic women - we always have such a great time making the videos. I love that we can conglomerate our love of makeup AND geekiness into one happy bundle.

How did you enjoy your weekends, unicorns?


6 comments:

  1. Totally feel you on trying to make your place look "designy" while still trying to display toys. Since I moved back home from the bay area, most of mine are still inside a storage box, but my Boba Fett helmet is sitting on top of some Audrey Hepburn books, and I've got some random Disney Funko toys and my 11th Doctor action figure scattered about. My room doesn't look like it belongs to a twenty-something-year-old woman. D:

    <3, Nina

    thefancygeek.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discover your blog thanks to Chictopia and I really love it! Adore your dress!
    Following you on Bloglovin and GFC:)

    Kisses, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dresses - ADORBS with a sinister undertone. LOVE it!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from the PS BANANAS! fashion blog: http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOLLY we are cross necklace twinsies!! And I'm dying for your boots. I hear ya on the tights-ripping though, I've definitely also injured myself with the studs on the backs of my sneaker wedges. :\ THE PRICE WE PAY TO LOOK COOL. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you look any more awesome? That ring is just too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the boots! very edgy look girl :)

    www.sultanassanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...